There are a few ways to invest in gold. One of the most popular ways is via Investment or Savings account with a bank. The main benefit of this method is, investor does not need to worry about keeping the physical gold by themselves.
Currently, there are 5 banks offer gold investment or savings account. Normally, banks will issue either passbook or statement to the depositors. Some of the banks do allow physical gold withdrawal.
Banks that currently offer these services are,
- CIMB Bank – Gold Deposit Account (GDA)
- Kuwait Finance House (KFH) – Gold Account – i (GAi)
- Maybank – Maybank Gold Investment Account (MGIA)
- Public Bank – Gold Investment Account (GIA)
- United Overseas Bank (UOB) – Gold Savings Account (GSA)
The following table are the details comparison between 5 investment or savings accounts.