Nowdays, more and more people are using Credit or Debit Cards at petrol pump. The main reason is you do not need to que up at the counter for the payment. Another great reason on why we must use Credit or Debit Cards at petrol pump is because of the extra benefit that we going to receive.
What kind of benefit that you going to received? Well I think a lot of people are already aware of the current trend for banks in Malaysia to issue Credit or Debit Cards that offer cash rebate or higher rewards point to their customers. The cash rebate varies from the 2% to 7% and this depend on bank issuers. Regarding the higher rewards point, as far as I know at the time of writting, there is only Maybank issuing this card.
If you are looking for this kind of Credit or Debit Cards in Malaysia, then you are at the right place. Here are the lists;
- AEON & Jusco Credit Card – 2% rebate at Caltex station only. Offer valid until 31 October 2009. Minimum RM200 purchase per month to eligible. Cash rebate capped at RM50 per month.
- CIMB Petronas Mastercard – 5% rebate on the first day of the month & 2% rebate on any other day at Petronas only, maximum rebate is RM50 per month. 5% rebate until 31 October 2009.
- Direct Access Mastercard – 2% cash rebate at any petrol stations. Until futher notice.
- Maybank Petronas VISA Card – 5x reward points at Petronas only.
- RHB Travel Money Mastercard – 5% rebate on first Saturday & Sunday of the month & 2% rebate on any other day at all petrol stations. Maximum rebate is RM60 per month. Only until 30th June 2009.
- Shell-Citibank Gold Card – 2.5% rebate at Shell only, maximum rebate is RM500 per year. (For carry forward balance >RM4000.00, cash rebate is 5%).
- Shell-Citibank Classic Card – 1.5% rebate at Shell only, maximum rebate is RM500 per year. (For carry forward balance >RM2000.00, cash rebate is 3%).
- Standard Chartered Saadiq Debit Mastercard – 7% cash rebate on all petrol station, maximum RM1,400.00 rebate per month. Only until 30th June 2009. OFFER EXPIRED
- UOB ONE Card – 2% rebate at BHP only, maximum transaction is RM400 per month with RM70 limit per transaction.
If you have any feedback, fell free to leave your comments
UPDATES : 13th July 2009