Citibank is having a great new feature for their Platinum Credit Card. They are offering 5X Rewards Points on purchase made at major department stores and supermarkets or hypermarkets.
On top of that, they are giving 10,000 Bonus Rewards Points for new applicants that get their application for Platinum Credit Card approved. The bonus point is only applicable for non-existing Citibank Platinum Card holder. This offer will run from 19th March 2010 to the 31st of July 2010.
To be eligible for bonus points, you have to make at least 2 transactions on the newly approved cards within 60 days from date of approval. The bonus points can be used to pay RM50 credit card GST.
On the 5X rewards points, the following are the list of selected departmental stores, supermarkets and hyper markets in Malaysia that is eligible for 5X Rewards Points.
- Jaya Jusco
Supermarkets or Hypermarkets
- Cold Storage
On top of that you can enjoy the following platinum card benefit
- Complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounge at KLIA
- Complimentary Sign & Fly travel insurance (comprehensive policy with up to RM1.7million coverage)
- Exclusive usage of the Citibank Platinum Suite at Dewan Filharmonik Petronas
- 24-hour personal concierge service around the world
- Global purchase protection, overseas 24-hour Personal Accident insurance, overseas medical expenses insurance, and Wallet Guard
- 1 Citi Rewards point for every RM1 spent (except petrol)
- Pay with your Citi Rewards points at over 160 partners’ outlets nationwide.
5X Rewards point is equivalent to 2.5% cash rebate and 10,000 bonus points can be used to pay first year credit card GST. I believe this is a great offer by Citibank. I am looking to apply for it too.