On the 18th June 2009, Maybank as the a licensed AMEX charge & credit card issuer in Malaysia launch all new American Express Gold Credit Card. The feature & benefit offered by the new American Express Gold Credit Card is more attractive when compare to other AMEX credit & debit card or even other Maybank credit card.
Among the most attractive features are the card offer the lowest finance charges among all cards in Malaysia. The card, which offers 9 per cent interest a year on outstanding balance also comes with a lifetime fee waiver and an introductory offer of no finance charges till the end of 2009. Affin Bank previously held the record for the lowest finance charges, at 9.99 per cent a year.
American Express Gold card also offered high loyalty rewards with cardholders receiving five times reward points for every ringgit charged on groceries, petrol, telco services (through express autopay) and at selected bookstores.
Details about other attractive features of new American Express Gold Credit Card are;
- Lifetime Annual Fee Waiver with complimentary supplementary cards.
- Low Finance Charge of only 9% p.a. from January 2010. All you have to do is promptly settle your minimum payment of 5% or a minimum of RM25.
- 0% Finance Charge from now till December 2009
- 5x Membership Rewards points for every Ringgit spent on groceries, petrol, bookstores – Kinokuniya, Borders, Times and MPH – and telco charges via Express Autopay – Celcom, Digi, Maxis and Telekom.
- 2x Membership Rewards points for all spend elsewhere.
- View credit card statements online, sent to the email address provided in your application or by logging on to www.Maybank2u.com. Hardcopy statement can be requested at nominal fee of RM5 a month.
- To apply, minimum annual income of RM36,000 (Graduates RM30,000)
Below is the list of merchants that give 5 MR points for every RM1 charged to the card. (Updated – 17th August 2009)
- Cold Storage
- Choice Supermarket
- Everise Supermarket
- Galaxy Supermarket
- Hero Pasaraya
- Isetan Supermarket
- Jusco Supermarket
- Mercato de Market Place (Pavillion)
- KL Sogo Supermarket
- TMC Bangsar
- Village Grocer
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad